Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Review: Enclave


Enclave
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I felt so unsatisfied at the end. I don't know if there will be a sequel or not but I would like to know what happens to Deuce, Fade, and their companions. Some things were left unresolved and I really wanted to know what happens next. It felt like there was no conclusion at all. Just a sudden jarring stop in the middle of the road.

I like that the author took the time to research what life would be like after the apocalypse. And it makes sense the way the surviors are grouped into small enclaves with no knowledge of each others survival.

I think the point of the book was to tell a story of how diffferent societal enclaves would react to the same situation, the end of the world, and build their group based on what traditions were necessary for survival in the environment surrounding them. I think it also demonstrated how important it is to allow growth and new ideas shaped by changing circumstances to influence the development of the group in order for the society to survive.

I like the characters somewhat and felt Deuce was portrayed as a strong character. But I hate how many young adult heroines allow themselves to become entangled in tricky situations and then hit a mental brickwall with the inability to reason their way out. Basically, I hate when love triangles happen in a perfectly good story. This one was unnecessary and soiled the plot.



View all my reviews

No comments: