Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Behind on Reading

I need to read 13 more books to reach my 90 book goal on Goodreads. I have shamed my family. LOL.



AND I am one book behind. I was way ahead earlier this year, but a series of Did Not Finish books progressed into a I am slowly reading the books I have on my shelf. This is the danger of the internet. Procrastination. I need to get hopping and push through.

Oh and my husband stopped driving a semi-truck so we moved back to my home state and now I'm surrounded by family 24/7. But I'm so glad to be home. You have no idea. I am BACK IN CIVILIZATION! There are numerous book stores here! And a huge library.

Right now I'm reading Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce and on my brand new Nook Simple Touch (with Glowlight...I'm so happy. Kudos to husband's being out of town on your birthday and the guilty that follows.) I am reading The Selection by Kiera Cass. I've heard mixed reviews of The Selection but I hope I have a good experience.

I NEED to get hopping on the sequels and hot reads of 2011 and 2012:
  • The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey Series) Finished
  • Outpost by Ann Aguirre (Sequel to Enclave) Finished
  • Thumped by Megan McCafferty (Sequel to Bumped which I really didn't like but I'm hoping book two might pull through.)
  • Timepiece by Myra McEntire (Hourglass Series)
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand 
  • Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (Sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty)
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (Heard GREAT things about this one but I have yet to read it.)
  • Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Once again, heard great things but haven't gotten to it yet.)
  • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (I've yet to start this series)
  • Crossed by Ally Condie (Sequel to Matched)
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (I always hear good reviews of books but hesitate to read them cause I don't want to be disappointed. Ugh so many books)
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Sequel to Divergent which I liked)
  • Warm Bodies by Issac Marion (NOT YA - The author made that very clear. I kind of like the concept of this book and I'm willing to give it a shot. Plus there is supposed to be a movie made of it.....which actually looks entertaining.)
But I don't think I have enough time left in the year for some of these as they have a lot of pages. It is kind of a good thing that I now have internet. I can now talk to what few friends I actually have and keep up on book reviews from bloggers I follow. However, I waste so much time looking at funny pictures of cats or....heaven forbid if they put me back on Prednisone for my Lupus.....posting crazy stuff on the boards of Goodreads.



And here is a picture of my wonderful new NST with GLOWLIGHT!!! (No more lamp on making hubby angry.)

The pink strap is a bra strap I inserted so I could keep the cover closed. I think it contrasts with the lime green very well and does no damage to the cover when inserted.

No comments: