Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Friday, October 14, 2011

Review: Dust City


Dust City
Dust City by Robert Paul Weston

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This was a great twist on retold fairy tales and certainly deserves four stars for it's plot. But I felt the world building was a little lackluster. Something about it just didn't grab me and make me wish I could be there seeing the glimmering towers of Eden or smell the pepperminty smell of Grandma's house....I can't quite put my finger on it though.

I though the idea of Henry battling with his inner wolf while trying to be the good guy he is was just a little bit overdone. That being said I did enjoy the book and wish there was more to it. Perhaps a sequel. I never did figure out if Skinner was supposed to be a remake of Rumpelstiltskin or Humpty Dumpty or both. I'm betting he is supposed to be a blend of both.




View all my reviews

No comments: