Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: Hourglass

Hourglass
Hourglass by Myra McEntire

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



*Will post review in a few days*

********************************************************

I recently read a review on Book Rat about this book. Misty was so dead on with my feelings about this book that I had to comment. And since sometimes I'm super lazy....I'm reposting it as my review.

Warning, There Might Be Spoilers

Minda said...

I cackled at your description of Cat as "bald-Brittany cray-cray" cause it is so dead on the money. I liked that I did not see that coming. That literally hit me from left field, right in the face. You seemed to pick up on a lot of things I had trouble with when reading this book.

Em and Michael were intense, soooo intense, and that usually turns me off. Well yea it did at first. Then I was willing to keep going because the story had some potential. But I have to admit that after the first one hundred times Michael's perfection was described.....I started shifting my eyes away from the page for a breather then skimming through until the plot started again. BUT at least McEntire gave an explanation for WHY Em was so drawn to Michael. Not like some authors I have read.... *cough*

I was kinda happy about the "Emmett Brown" clone but then I felt she could have tried for a little more "mad scientist" originality. I would have liked to see him a little less stereotypical and a little less "here's a really eccentric scientific dude, now back to our soap opera."

And that little heifer trying to take Michael and make him her man....I don't like that girl. I've met that girl. I'm been the Emerson to that girl...If I was writing the sequel...I'd have her run over by a herd of wildebeests Lion King Style.

Other than all that stuff....I really liked the book. I haven't written a review for Hourglass yet so I'm just gonna copy paste this to Goodreads. LOL...I'm so lazy.



View all my reviews

No comments: