Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review: Fat Vampire: A Never Coming of Age Story


Fat Vampire: A Never Coming of Age Story
Fat Vampire: A Never Coming of Age Story by Adam Rex

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I had some hopes for this book. In the beginning it was funny, it was intriguing, I found myself sympathizing with Doug. Then it all came crashing down and fell completely flat. Doug didn't pan out the way I was hoping. Then there was the ending. It just ended up uninspiring.

I don't think Doug truly values Jay as a friend. He sees him more as a person he is stuck with, sometimes thinking he is being kind to Jay by being his friend. He seems to think Jay can't make any friends of his own. Obviously Jay can, I mean hello Cat came to his house. And then continued to come to his house. That means he is entirely capable of making friends.

You would think Doug would change and evolve into a better person. But this never happens. At points it seems like it just skims over his story and we really know nothing about what is happening.

And the characters never really become likable. They never really fleshed out. So many things were introduced and just not followed through with.

Such a shame.




View all my reviews

No comments: