Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Beauty Queens


Beauty Queens
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



So funny. Beauty Queens does not take itself seriously and neither should you. Every pageant stereotype (and girl stereotype) is found in this book. You will find the smart ones, dumb ones, straight ones, gay ones, and the best thing is you get to know them all not based on their looks but who they are and what events shape how they see the world.

My husband even enjoy the book. I think it was the laugh out loud moments that got him. The villian is evil, the girls are kick-ass, and once again talking heads miss the entire point.

Libba Bray really delivers and does a darn good range of accents as well. (audiobook)

I found myself disliking a few of the characters. Simply because they were trying way to hard to be something they naturally could never be.



View all my reviews

No comments: