Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: The Tommyknockers


The Tommyknockers
The Tommyknockers by Stephen King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This review is by my husband, Mike, with me typing it out. If there are spoilers I apologize as he is not used to reviewing without giving away the plot.
--------------------
Mike: This book kept me in suspense. It held my attention. I really liked the flashbacks. It has a good story base. I especially liked how they made all the weird gadgets and *censored*. I think it is a must read book. I laughed a lot while listening to this audiobook.

Minda: Mike, what did you think about the characters Bobbi Anderson and Gard?

Mike: Bobbi was a laidback, scared of her family, sort of a black sheep. She did what she wanted to though, so I give her respect for that. Gard was crazy, mixed up, fought his own inner demons, but was quite the hero which was surprising.

Minda: Why do you think Bobbi was so scared of Anne?

Mike: Anne was the type who ruled everything. she was a *censored*.

Minda: What about the references to nuclear fallout, did you think they mirrored what was happening in Haven?

Mike: Yes. The connections between the two were very evident.

Minda: What is your opinion of the townspeople?

Mike: The townspeople were idiots. They seemed like backwood hicks.

----------------------
And after those questions he had to concentrate on the road cause we were in rural Illinois and our GPS was trying to send us down restricted roads.

I liked the book and really appreciated that Stephen King went indepth about the towns history and all the weird happenings that occurred. I was shocked quite a few times at the physical changes to the Havenites. Especially when Bobbi's sister came to "visit".



View all my reviews

No comments: