Put On Purple for Lupus Awareness

Friday, December 2, 2011

Review: The Lightning Thief


The Lightning Thief
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I tried many times to listen to this book on audio, finally I gave up and decided I will just read it. How convenient as well that my husband and I were stuck in a bus station until the bus arrived. So with hours to kill I read the book aloud while he listened.

He was glued to the pages. I was glued to the pages. The story is entrancing and pulls you in. You want to know what happens next and it is very hard to put down. Now he wants an ereader of his own, we travel a lot and an ereader is the best option for us. Any book that can make my non-reading husband want to pick up a book and start reading definitely gets four stars in my book.

Yes I know it is targeted toward young adults. But as an adult I can admit it made me feel like a kid again. The magic of the story drew me into the world and now I want to continue with the next book. The writing was funny and I can see why this was such a hit series a few years ago and why the spin off series have received good reviews.

Percy Jackson is coming to terms with the new found knowledge that he is the son of a Greek God. And not just any Greek God mind you, he is the son of one of the BIG THREE, Poseidon. See back in WWII the Big Three (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades) agreed to father no more children with mortals. Their children were too powerful. Percy was never supposed to be born and there are a lot of beings who would like to see him dead. When Percy is accused of stealing the Lightning Bolt of Zeus, he is given a quest to clear himself of innocence and save the world. Through many dangers and obstacles Percy and his companions uncover a plot to overthrow the Olympians.



View all my reviews

No comments: